Ingles 6°5° T.V.


Before reading
What is a bully?
Does bullying only happen at school?

1) Read the article and guess the meaning of these words and phrases. Check your answers with a dictionary.

PICK ON, POSH, CALL SOMEBODY NAMES, TRIP UP, NASTY, MISERABLE, IN THE END, VICTIM, AT LEAST, LIKELY, COMMITA CRIME, WEAK POINT, MAKE FUN OF, PAY BACK, FOR NO REASON, DARE SOMEBODY TO DO SOMETHING

2) Answer the questions
1.       When did Charlotte become a victim of bullying?
2.       Why did the girls bully her?
3.       What sort of things did they do?
4.       Did anyone help Charlotte?
5.       How did Charlotte feel?

3) Adjectives and nouns of emotion

Look at the text about bullying and find the adjectives related to the nouns below:

HAPPINESS, MISERY, JEALOUSY, NERVOUSNESS, SHYNESS, LONELINESS, NASTINESS

4) Write an appropriate adjective from exercise 3 for each situation

1.       A: Sarah looks___________!
 B: Yes, she’s just won some money!
2.       He’s very_____________. He hates meeting new people.
3.       She saw John with another girl last night so she is feeling _____________
4.       I’m sure he’s very___________ He hasn’t got any friends.
5.       I’ve got my driving test tomorrow so I’m a bit_____________
6.       My sister is__________ because she has to repeat a year at school.
7.       Dick had a __________accident and had to go to hospital.





DON’T LET THEM BULLY YOU! Kate Martin reports


Charlotte’s story

Last year we moved to a new town and started at a new school. At first I was really happy about the school and I made friends with the popular girls in my year. But soon they started to pick on me because I was too posh. I think they were jealous of me. Whenever I walked past them they called me names on tripped me up and they sometimes hit me. They even wrote nasty things about me on the desk tops. Nobody did anything about it. It was horrible. They made my life miserable. In the end I felt really sad and lonely.

Charlotte, 14, Bristol

BULLYING: THE FACTS

·         85% of children in the UK have been victims of bullying at least once
·         Bullies are more likely to commit crimes when they are older


HOW CAN YOU RECOGNISE A BULLY?

He or she will:

·         Try to find your weak point- perhaps you are shy, nervous or easily upset
·         Make fun of you in front of your friends
·         Borrow money then won’t pay you back
·         Say nasty things about you for no reason
·         Dare you to do something wrong like steal something or miss school

Biblioteca Quino: Comisiones Evaluadoras ABRIL 2022

                             ABRIL  2022